As a matter of fact, hardware wallets for the Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are by far considered to be the most secure ones because of the fact that they are free from malware and any risk of hacking. Not only this, they are compact, convenient and the economical option for the owners. Among the number of hardware wallets available in the markets, Ledger Nano S is the sparkling name that stands out in the crowd.
The only drawback of the hardware wallets is that unlike exchange wallets, these wallets are a bit difficult to set up. The steps can be intimidating for the first time users and that is the reason we have got a step by step tutorial for them through which they can easily set up their Ledger Nano S for the secured cryptocurrency.
Setting Up and Configuring Ledger Nano S Hardware Wallet
For Cryptocurrencies: BitCoin, AltCoin, ETH, LiteCoin, Dash
Among all the hardware wallets, Ledger Nano S supports almost all the types of crypto currencies including Bitcoins, Litecoins, Zcash, Dash and many others. It comes nicely secured in the box with a few accessories like USB data cable, recovery sheet, startup sheet or the manual. You will need the recovery sheet to set up the device for the first time. Startup sheep or the manual will guide you from to start setting this wallet up.
Steps to Setup & Configure Ledger Nano S
The Ledger Nano S comes with a screen, physical buttons and the USB port that you need to plug into the computer to make it start. The display screen will be switched on automatically once you plugged the key into the PC. After plugging the Ledger Nano S into your system, you need to:
- Press both the buttons (left and right) on the Ledger Nano S to begin.
- After you confirm begin, you will be prompted to various options on the screen like control the user interface or to interact with it. Use the left, right buttons to change the values.
- When you wish to confirm or select an option, you need to press both the buttons simultaneously.
- To begin the configuration, you will be prompted to the screen where you will be asked, “Configure on new device” with two options. Select Yes with the physical buttons present on the wallet.
- After that, you will be asked to select your Pin Code that protects your coins. Press the buttons to select the Pin Code.
- After selecting your Pin Code, you will be asked to confirm the pin again.
- After confirming your Pin Code, the next step is to write your “Recovery Phrase” on the “Recovery sheet” that you have got with the Ledger Nano S box.
- The Ledger Nano S will again ask to confirm the recovery phrase to ensure that you have the right recovery phrase and you have not done any mistake. Press both the buttons simultaneously to confirm.
- The wallet will ask you to select any random phrase from the recovery phrases to ensure the security.
- Once the recovery phrases are confirmed, you will get brief “Processing” screen following the check mark saying that you are good to go.
- Pressing both the buttons after that will prompt you to the screen where the message “Your device is now ready” will appear.
- After that, you need to download companion apps you want to download like Bitcoin etc. from your system. You need to go to the Ledger webpage from where you can download the companion apps for your wallet.
Download these ledger nano s apps and you can enjoy the fool-proof security with the Ledger Nano S.